Mas Carlot | Les Enfants Terribles | 2012 | $16.99
I don’t shy away from big, luscious wines during the summer, I enjoy full bodied wines all year. The Mas Carlot 2012 is becoming one of my ‘go-to’ wines because of it’s superb lushness for under $20.
I usually drink this satisfying wine from Nîmes (southern France) after a long day at work when I’m craving an affordable luxury. A wine that can span a meal from a main dish such as slow roasted lamb or duck with raspberry sauce, to desserts like chocolate cake.
Mas Carlot is on the heavier side of a medium to medium heavy bodied wine but not flabby or overly sweet at the end which makes it great by itself or with a dessert. It has structure and softness at the same time so It doesn’t ‘need’ anything but plays well with food.
Under the Provençal sun, Mas Carlot is a beautiful oasis of rustic charm. Its foundations date back to the 17th century, with extensive renovations made in the 19th century, yet the presence of ancient Roman ruins suggests that this land was also being farmed at least 2000 years ago. Paul-Antoine Blanc, owner of Paris’ famous Le Pied de Cochon restaurant in Les Halles, first fell in love with the property in 1986. Paul sold the restaurant and moved here to Bellegarde, tending to the renovations of the winery and cellars. His daughter, Nathalie, followed him two years later after finishing her studies in enology and was transfixed by her new surroundings. She eventually fell in love with Cyril Marès of Mas de Bressades, literally the boy next door, and today, she runs the 75-hectare domaine. Energetic and passionate, Nathalie is regarded as one of the most talented winemakers of the Costières de Nîmes.
- Product: Mas Carlot Les Enfants Terribles
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Costières de Nîmes
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 60% Mourvèdre, 40% Syrah
- SoilType: Rolled pebbles colored by the red clay of Costières
- Exposition: South-east facing slopes
- Average Yield: Mas Carlot limits yields to around 45hl/ha, which is one-third below what the appellation allows
- Vinification: The Mourvèdre and Syrah are fermented separately.
- Region: Costières de Nîmes
- Average Of Vineyards: Vines are up to 60 years old
- Elevation: Vines are planted to 70 meters above sea level.
- Duration And Aging Method: The Mourvèdre and Syrah are aged for nine months, half in tank and half in barrel.
- Alcohol Content: 14%
- Production: 3,000 cases
We are delighted to add another new hoppy arrow to our quiver of VT beer – Choice Make Good Double IPA from Zero Gravity!
Snag and sip this new IPA from our friends at Zero Gravity because once it’s gone, we don’t know when or if it’ll be back.
Choice Make Good – Double IPA
This Double IPA was brewed with Amarillo, Centennial, 007, Nelson Sauvin, Azacca, and Citra Hops. Additionally, we dry-hopped in the fermenter with a blend of Nelson Sauvin and Citra. Available now (for a limited time only) at the Pine Street Brewery in six-pack 12oz cans. Make good choices.
- Style: Double IPA
- Malt: 2-Row, Golden Promise, Dextrose.
- Hops: Citra, Idaho 7, Amarillo, Centennial, Nelson Sauvin, Azacca.
- Yeast: English Ale
- Appearance: Deep Copper Haze
- IBU’s: 95
- ABV: 8.3%
- OG: 19.9°P
VT Brewers Festival is here which brings thirsty souls from across the region and globe to our blessed haven of beer.
We honor locals and craft beer pilgrims alike with an incredible weekend of beer releases we call in favors and scrimp and save for all year to blow your mind!
In addition to incredible releases this weekend with our famed mother of all releases on Sunday… this year, we’re allowing a special “pre-game” starting NOW.
In the next day, we will be releasing information on releases that no other store can pull off – we have been overwhelmingly blessed by our friends in the industry and we can’t wait to share certain beers with you.
In the next day, we will be releasing information on special vintage releases of KBS, BCBS, *ahem* Belgium sours, and our biggest Alchemist and Lawson’s release that will blow your mind.
It’s an incredible liquid world and we are expert navigators so stay tuned, and stay thirsty, for we will quench and satisfy beyond your wildest dreams.
Here is we just released:
- 14th Star | Tribute | Double IPA | 4pk Cans – Canned Northern VT Specialty Double IPA
- Foley Brothers | Pieces of Eight | Double IPA | Juicy, Double IPA brewed with 8 hop varieties
- Idletyme | Idletyme IPA | Double IPA | Super Fresh & Specialty Double IPA from Northern VT
- Idletyme | Pink n’ Pale | Pale Ale w/ Grapefruit | Super Fresh Grapefruit Pale Ale
- Idletyme | Rum Barrel Aged Barley Wine | BA Barley Wine | VT Rum Barrel Aged Barley Wine | 2015
- Lawson’s / Otter Creek | Double or Nothing | Barley Wine | Oak Aged Maple Barley Wine | 2015
Northern Friends – We have more QC brews than anyone in VT – Dive North Into A Delicious World
- Dieu du Ciel | Disco Soleil | Citrus IPA | IPA Brewed w/ Citrus & Kumquat
- Dunham | Assemblage No. 1 | BA Saison | Saison blend w/ Brettanomyces & aged in Zinfandel barrels
- Le Trou du Diable | Baron Noir | Baltic Porter | Seasonal Baltic Porter
- Les Trois Mousquetaires | Hors Série Oud Bruin | BA Sour Beer | Barrel Aged Flanders Oud Bruin
- Les Trois Mousquetaires | Saison Brett | BA Sour Saison | Barrel Aged Saison w/ Brettanomyces
Domestic Specialties & Vintage Release:
- Cigar City | God of Fear | Stout | Cigar City Stout | 2015
- Dogfish Head | Olde School | Barley Wine | Barley Wine | 2012
- Dogfish Head | Olde School | Barley Wine | Barley Wine | 2013
- Dogfish Head | Olde School | Barley Wine | Barley Wine | 2014
- Dogfish Head | Raison d’Extra | Strong Ale | Strong Ale | 2014
- Founders | Backwoods Bastard | Old Ale | Barrel Aged Strong / Old Ale | 2015
- Green Flash | Silva Stout | BBA Imperial Stout | Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout | 2015
- Sierra Nevada | Bigfoot | Barleywine | Barleywine | 2016
- Sierra Nevada | Bigfoot | Barleywine | Barleywine | 2015
- Stone | Imperial Russian Stout | Imperial Russian Stout | Imperial Russian Stout | 2015
- Stone | Imperial Russian Stout | Imperial Russian Stout | Imperial Russian Stout | 2016
- Westbrook / Evil Twin | Mini Growler | Imperial Stout | Westbrook & Evil Twin Collaboration | 2016
Imports You Need To Know:
- Grassroots / Mikkeller | Wheat is the New Hops | Sour IPA | Canned IPA with wheat and fermented with brettanomyces
- La Choulette | Framboise | Bière de Garde | Bière de Garde (Farmhouse Ale) with Raspberries
- Mikkeller | Hallo Ich Bin Berliner Weisse Cherry | Berliner Weisse w/ Cherry | Canned Berliner Weisse w/ Cherry
- Mikkeller | Hallo Ich Bin Berliner Weisse Peach | Berliner Weisse w/ Peach | Canned Berliner Weisse w/ Peach
- Mikkeller | Spontandryhop Centennial | Sour Beer | American Wild Ale dry hopped w/ Centennial hops
- Mikkeller | Spontandryhop Citra | Sour Beer | American Wild Ale dry hopped w/ Cirta hops
- Mikkeller | Spontandryhop Simcoe | Sour Beer | American Wild Ale dry hopped w/ Simcoe hops
- To Øl | Gose To Hollywood | Gose w/ Orange | Canned Gose w/ Orange
- Tocalmatto | Salty Angel | Gose | 1st time getting this European Gose
VT Brewers Festival is here and that means it’s time for our annual BEER CAVE SALE – our BIGGEST VT & specialty beer release of the year!
We’ll be releasing rare, specialty, and vintage beers FRI-SUN with the huge-mega-motherload on Sunday.
Schedule, beer names, and more information coming soon… here is a little teaser:
> FRI, SAT, & SUN – Limited Beers
> SUN – MEGA VT RELEASE
Fresh & Vintage VT Beers | Rare Brews
Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS)
Aged Stouts | Imported & Domestic Sours
Bourbon County Brand Stout (BCBS)
Vintages & Verticals | … & MUCH more!